University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson Scholarship is one of the fully funded scholarships currently available in Canada.
Outstanding international students have an unrivaled opportunity to study at one of the top institutions in the world in one of the most multicultural cities in the world thanks to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships at the University of Toronto. The scholarship program aims to honor students who exhibit remarkable creativity and academic accomplishment and who are regarded as leaders in their school. The student’s influence on their school and community as well as their ability to benefit the world community in the future are given great consideration.
University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson Scholarship
These scholarships, which are given out annually, honor deserving students from all around the world, including foreigners who attend Canadian high schools. The most renowned and competitive scholarship available to overseas students at U of T is this one. For four years, full housing support as well as tuition, books, and incidentals are all included in the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships. The grant is exclusively valid for first-year undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto. The number of Lester B. Pearson Scholars will be around 37 per year.
About the University
The University of Toronto, which was founded in 1827, is the largest university in Canada and a leader in both research and instruction internationally. The prestigious faculty, record of ground-breaking research, and abundance of cutting-edge academic opportunities at U of T continue to draw top scholars and students from around the globe. Few other colleges have the same breadth of resources and programs.
The University of Toronto is dedicated to offering a learning environment that takes advantage of both its size, which is nearly unmatched in North America, and the close-knit learning communities made possible by its college system and academic divisions. The University of Toronto offers 700 undergraduate degrees in the fields of humanities and social sciences, life sciences, physical and mathematical sciences, business and management, computer science, engineering, kinesiology and physical education, music, and architecture.
The vibrant academic life at U of T is characterized by a special level of cultural diversity in its learning community. University of Toronto is situated in and around Toronto, one of the most diverse regions in the world. The best and the brightest flock to Toronto in search of its world-class business, culture, and education because it is recognized as one of the safest large cities in the world and one of the best places to live. In addition to having the third-largest public transportation system in North America and more than 8000 hectares of parkland, Toronto yearly organizes over 30 major festivals and cultural events. Landscapes are constantly changing, and there are great chances in Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area.
University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Eligibility:
To qualify for the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be one of the following:
1) a non-Canadian international student (i.e., one who needs a study permit), enrolled in your final year of high school or who has graduated no earlier than June 2022, starting their studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023.
2) students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2023 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered
University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Application Processes:
To apply for this scholarship, you need to
1) Obtain a nomination from your school (to participate in our program, high schools that have not been contacted or vetted are asked to submit an application, which is available here.)
2) The external link The following link: Apply to the University of Toronto(external link) to start your studies there in 2023, and submit your admissions application by the necessary dates (external link). Please be aware that you will be given the Pearson Scholarship consideration for your first choice of U of T program. The Pearson Scholarship, if granted to you, would be limited to your top choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made. You may apply to multiple programs and be admitted to them all.
3) Upon receiving a nomination and your application, you can complete the online Scholarship Application.
University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Application Deadlines:
1) Deadline for school nominations: November 30, 2022
2)Deadline for student OUAC applications: December 14, 2022 (Please note that this is the last day to apply through the OUAC; it is advised that you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2022, as popular programs may close early and spots in them fill up rapidly.)
3)The deadline for student scholarship applications is January 16, 2023.
Disclaimer and Notice of Fraud:
Please be aware that the University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Program does not work with organizations or supposed educational “agents” to find students or offer scholarships. Please beware of any agents who offer fake acceptances or demand payment from unrelated third parties. Only applicants for undergraduate degrees are eligible for the Pearson Scholarship, and nominees must be submitted online by their present secondary school.