Clinton Global Initiative University Program hosts a meeting where students, university representatives, topic experts, and celebrities come together to discuss and develop innovative solutions to pressing global challenges.
Students create their own Commitments to Action that address issues on campus, in local communities, or around the world. Since 2008, students have made more than 6,250 commitments, and nearly $3 million in funding has been awarded to these commitment-makers through CGI U.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together.
For nearly two decades, those values have energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world. As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunities
You are eligible to apply to the CGI U Class of 2023 student cohort if:
- You are pursuing an associate, vocational, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree at the time of application
- You are enrolled in an institution of higher learning at the time of application
- You have never previously been accepted to CGI U
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- CGI U provides need-based travel assistance to a limited number of students to attend the CGI U meeting. You can apply for this assistance when you apply to attend CGI U (as noted below, students are only eligible for travel assistance if they apply by the Early Decision deadline).
- Duration of Program: All accepted CGI U students are expected to be available for the entirety of the scheduled dates of the four online modules outlined below. Accepted students are required to attend and fully participate in all online module activities. The average time commitment is 3 hours per module.
To be considered for CGI U, students must apply with a Commitment to Action: a new, specific, and measurable initiative that addresses a pressing challenge.
- Topics: Learn about CGI U’s Focus Areas and Keywords to determine the scope of your commitment.
- Preparation: Utilize the Application Preview to draft your application answers before submitting them online.
- Webinar: Join an application information webinar to have a better understanding of the CGI U 2021 application process.
- Motivation: Emphasize in your application how you are connected to the problem you are trying to solve.